Autore Topic: A Gamer's Manifesto  (Letto 1688 volte)

Offline logiq

• Matricola
A Gamer's Manifesto
« il: 04 Dic 2005, 15:41 »
le opinioni più o meno condivisibili, più o meno fondate, di un giocatore sul panorama attuale dell'industria videoludica...

dateci un'occhiata, è interessante

A Gamer's Manifesto

Offline logiq

• Matricola
A Gamer's Manifesto
« Risposta #1 il: 04 Dic 2005, 19:53 »
posto la prima parte tanto per dare un'idea, così chi non è interessato non perde tempo :)

--
**20 things gamers want from the seventh generation of game consoles**

1. Give us A.I. that will actually outsmart us now and then.

Look at the little guy. The one on the left. The one who's just a head.

I mean, let's face it: strategy is all that guy's got going for him. He has no limbs and he's already on fire.

And yet, did anyone stop being impressed by Doom III long enough to notice he and the other bad guys were flailing at us with the same straight-line Ulysses S. Grant calvary charge that failed them twelve years ago in Doom 1? Even Far Cry had bad guys that went into spinning seizures when they got confused.

We get so overjoyed every time an enemy actually shoots from cover in a game that we forgive the fact that real, advanced A.I. is as much an unfulfilled promise as the flying car. Where are the FPS bad guys who can adapt their strategy on the fly? Enemies who themselves have six different guns and switch up according to what the situation calls for? Bad guys who work in teams, who strategize, who create diversions to distract you? Where's the enemy Solid Snake who sneaks up on you with the silence of a ninja's church fart?

*Chances of that happening...*

Almost zero. One, there's more and more focus on multiplayer for this sort of game. This takes some of the pressure off programmers because in multiplayer, other humans supply their own A.I. Even the ones who are complete morons.

Two, as developers have lamented, the guts of the new consoles are geared to make the gaming equivalent of dumb blondes. It has to do with the fact that both the XBox 360 and the PS3's Cell CPU use "in-order" processing, which, to greatly simplify, means they've intentionally crippled the ability to make clever A.I. and dynamic, unpredictable, wide-open games in favor of beautiful water reflections and explosion debris that flies through the air prettily.

That means the next generation of games will likely play just like this generation. Only shiny.

Offline teokrazia

• Reduce
  • Polonia Capitone Mundi
A Gamer's Manifesto
« Risposta #2 il: 04 Dic 2005, 23:17 »
Bellissimo, lollissimo e ficcante.
Molte cose sono condivisibili, altre meno, ma offrono comunque validi spunti di riflessione.

Ad ogni modo è old, era già stato segnalato in questo topic qualche mese fa. :)

Offline logiq

• Matricola
A Gamer's Manifesto
« Risposta #3 il: 05 Dic 2005, 01:38 »
ok, posto lì un altro link