Autore Topic: Castelvania: LoI --> Intervista al team di sviluppo  (Letto 1498 volte)

Offline -Lux-

• Assiduo
A queso indirizzo http://www.gamers.com/news/1368742.

Le interviste sono tre e coprono rispettivamente i temi del soundtrack, degli artwork e dello storyboard del gioco Konami. L'ultima è particolarmente interessante: pare che nell'episodio per PS2 verrà svelato il retroscena dell'odio secolar-videoludico tra i Belmont e Dracula, nonchè il perchè i celebri cacciatori di vampiri utilizzino la leggendaria frusta (!).
Ne riporto un estratto:

in past Castlevania titles, there has always been the Belmont Clan and Dracula already established in the game --you just kind of accept that reality and fight against him without really knowing why. So, I wanted to take a different approach with my games. Both Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow didn't simply repeat the standard Castlevania story. With Lament of Innocence, I wanted to go back to the beginning, the origin of Castlevania, to explain "What is Dracula?", because when it comes to Dracula in books or movies, the myth is totally different from what we present in the Castlevania games. So, I wanted to explain where my Dracula came from and why the Belmonts became vampire hunters.

The player character in Lament of Innocence is Leon Belmont, who ventures into Dracula's castle when his fiancee, Sara, is kidnapped. It's set in the 11th century -- the historical background is a time when the church had great power over the peasants, during the time of the Crusades. A monster invades and kidnaps Sara. Leon is a knight of a powerful Baron, and even though Leon has his own property, he's not allowed to act without the express permission of the church. He's not allowed to venture after her without the church's blessing. But he cannot wait for them to decide, so he throws away his title and betrays the church to save his beloved. He goes to the Dark Forest where the monster was last seen. In the dark woods there are lots of evil spirits and rumors of vampires (in fact, there are still vampire myths all over Europe and South Asia, but somehow people only seem to know about the myth of Dracula). When Leon goes after Sara, he doesn't know about "Dracula" or what vampire took his girl, he just goes in to save her.

I'm the wind, I'm the sun ...
*ALL Your Baze Are Belong to Us!*

Offline Wis

• Highlander
  • Mellifluosly Cool
Castelvania: LoI --> Intervista al team di sviluppo
« Risposta #1 il: 29 Mag 2003, 18:06 »
Ciambelleeeeeee....
Professional Casual Gamer

Offline Gargoyle

• Assiduo
  • One man's villain is another man's hero, captain.
« Risposta #2 il: 29 Mag 2003, 21:26 »
Interessante la visione della Chiesa nei CastleVania. In CV2 i preti rendevano l'energia, in SotN cercano di resuscitare Dracula (Shaft...). Come diceva il Fulco, col tempo CastleVania è stato in grado di trascendere le proprie fonti di ispirazione.
"I've always known it. I should've killed every last one of them! I should've turned their planet into a graveyard the likes of which the galaxy had never seen!" Gul Dukat to Captain Sisko, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Offline A.A.

• Condottiero
    • http://www.adrianoavecone.com
« Risposta #3 il: 29 Mag 2003, 22:02 »
Citazione da: "Gargoyle"
Interessante la visione della Chiesa nei CastleVania. In CV2 i preti rendevano l'energia, in SotN cercano di resuscitare Dracula (Shaft...). Come diceva il Fulco, col tempo CastleVania è stato in grado di trascendere le proprie fonti di ispirazione.

Come avviene per tutti i capolavori epocali! -)
Online:CapaRezza
Now Playing:
 Winning Eleven 8,Silent Hill 4 PS2
 Top Spin, TOCA RD2, Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon ORTA XBOX
 FireEmblem,CastlevaniaCOTM GBA
 Castlevania SOTN, Einhander, FFVII PSOne

Offline Gargoyle

• Assiduo
  • One man's villain is another man's hero, captain.
« Risposta #4 il: 29 Mag 2003, 22:13 »
Citazione da: "Adriano_Avecone"

Tipo Metal Gear. Che si fosse ispirato a Rambo e a certa cinematografia americana era palese, ma adesso è divenuto qualcosa di assai differente.
"I've always known it. I should've killed every last one of them! I should've turned their planet into a graveyard the likes of which the galaxy had never seen!" Gul Dukat to Captain Sisko, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Offline A.A.

• Condottiero
    • http://www.adrianoavecone.com
« Risposta #5 il: 29 Mag 2003, 23:36 »

Tipo Metal Gear. Che si fosse ispirato a Rambo e a certa cinematografia americana era palese, ma adesso è divenuto qualcosa di assai differente.

Quoto e sottoscrivo con la matita rossa! :-)
Online:CapaRezza
Now Playing:
 Winning Eleven 8,Silent Hill 4 PS2
 Top Spin, TOCA RD2, Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon ORTA XBOX
 FireEmblem,CastlevaniaCOTM GBA
 Castlevania SOTN, Einhander, FFVII PSOne

Offline Dj Mark Noise

• Generale
    • Project Xbox
« Risposta #6 il: 30 Mag 2003, 01:17 »

Speriamo bene!!!!!!!