Autore Topic: [360] Blue Dragon  (Letto 43376 volte)

Offline Reriel

• Navigato
[360] Blue Dragon
« il: 18 Set 2006, 21:59 »
Visto che a breve vedremo nuovi screen/video, apro questo topic, postando un'intervista a uematsu, che è interessante (si accenna al suo pensiero su square e gli ultimi ff, ma anche a smash bros e appunto blue dragon):

-----------------

It's always a pleisure to meet Nobuo Uematsu. Hardly anybody is as relaxed, friendly and sympathetic as the componist for the first 11 episodes of Final Fantasy. Thanks to the organizer of the concert (they're talking about the Orchestra at the GC in Leipzig), Thomas Böcker, we could welcome Uematsu to an extensive conversation again this year.

G: How did you like last day's concert in Leipzig's Gewandhaus?

NU: In Japan it's not uncommon that an orchestra plays video game music at large events. However, I never saw a concert presenting such a broad Mix. In Japan the events are themed/centered around a certain game like Final Fantasy instead of combining different Pieces from different titles and cultures.

G: As we saw yesterday, you can barely make a single step without being asked for an autograph...

NU: I never thought to have so many fans over here. I was in many countries such as America, and supposed to be recognized, but the positive reaction here in Leizig was quite a surprise!

G: If one meets you in person, you usually seem very even-tempered and happy. However, yesterday we heard your pieces 'One Winged Angel' and 'Dancing Mad' which are rather gloomy. Tell us something about the dark side of Nobuo Uematsu.

NU: (laughs) My dark side? Hm, I'm not sure. I don't think I have any particularly dark traits. I don't worry myself much. I get rather insecure quickly because of things, but worrying about it doesn't help much. So I try to just forget these things.

G: How do you go about writing a dark piece?

NU: The cheerful pieces exist already, I write the darker section of the pieces as a counterweight or negative to those.

G: How were the reactions from the industry as the foundation of your own company, Smile Please, was made public?

NU: I got some offerings. From Nintendo for their new Smash Bros. for example, or from Mr Hironobu Sakaguchi's new company, Mistwalker.

G: So all in all you have more to do than before?

NU: You can put it that way.

G: And how did your everyday life change?

NU: Actually it didn't change that much... I get up in the morning at around half past seven, go for a walk with the dog, around ten I start with work. Then I go home and maybe drink a beer. Just like before actually!

G: What deos your way to work look like? (Why the **** are they asking him this?)

NU: I rented a room close to my house. I work there. It's takes about ten minutes with the car to get there.

G: You wrote the title track for the new Smach Bros. What led to this project and why did you choose it?

NU: One year ago, at about this time of the year, I was out drinking with some folks from the industry. The producer of Smash Bros., Mr Sakurai, and the composer for the Smash Bros. franchise, Hirokazu Ando, were there too. The three of us talked a bit and at one point Mr Ando asked me: "Do you feel like writing something for the new Smash Bros.?" And I replied: "Sure." (So he was drunk. That explains why he accepted to write music for a fighting game then, even though he doesn't like those kind of games. See below.)

G: As simple as that?

NU: As simple as that!

G: So you're a good friend of him?

NU: That's right. Next Month for example, there'll be a concert whith a piece on which we worked together.

G: Could you describe your overall approach to chosing a project?

NU: One example: Recently I got an offer from Square Enix... As the game was introduced to me, it turned out to be all about fighting. (Interesting, isn't it?) I don't have much interest in such games, so I rejected it.

G: So games like Death Sword (Note: A ficticious Hack&Slay game that Will Wright asserted in his speech as a substitute for today's uninspired masses of software) don't have a big chance (to be considered for his next project)?

NU: No, I (absolutely) don't want to do such things. It's important for me that the game has dramatic traits and stories. It's got to have the potential to move the player emotionally.

G: How do you prepare for the work on a new game? Do you study the stories and characters intensely before you begin?

NU: Yes, I usually get everything that's needed before I start working - Information about the story, the characters and the world map.

G: What's up with your band, the 'Black Mages'?

NU: We're planning the third album right now.

G: Do you intend to do live shows too?

NU: Not yet. But last year there was a concert named 'Voices' in Yokohama. We played Black Mages stuff as an extra.

G: What kind of music will be on the new Black Mages album?

NU: This time it's going to be a double album. The first CD will feature arranged versions of Final Fantasy pieces as usual. But on the second CD we'll try to present old japanese myths musically.

G: Do you actually own the pieces you wrote for Square or Square Enix? Do you have to ask SE for permission to write a remix of 'Dancing Mad' for example?

NU: Square owns the rights. But when I want to do something with the compositions I'm usually allowed to offhand.

G: Who owns the right for stuff you write for 'Smile Please'? You? (What a stupid question...)

NU: Of course!

G: In Final Fantasy VI (III in america) you had themes for every character and place. Because of that the characters seemed like they were from an opera, where their themes fit each of them into the story. In later installments you didn't use this method in this proportion to characterise the figures. Why?

NU: I think this method was particularly suited for the sixth installment. Moreover it was a wish from Mr Sakaguchi. He said he'd like to have a theme for each character, so I did it that way. Personally I don't think much about this method. Just think about it: Even if there are ten protagnoists, none of their roles will have an equal importance. Three or four at max. The others are just a nice extra. That makes it very hard to compose an equal theme for every character.

G: Square Enix today, as one of the biggest video game companies is definitely another employer as was Squaresoft in the 80s. Did the size of the company ever hinder your creativity? Did the expectations of the fans and your superiors ever put a negative pressure on you?

NU: If a company grows from 10 to 1000 employees a lot changes occur of course. you have to make money in the first place. When Squaresoft was composed of 10 or 20 people, they wanted to offer something interesting and entertaining. Everyone followed his dreams and ideas or did what they though was right. A company with 1000 employees can't be run with dreams. The pressure is absolutely there.

G: The soundtrack for Final Fantasy XII was composed by Hitoshi Sakamoto for the biggest part, part XIII is, except for the title track, already in the hans of Masashi Hamauzu. After working so long on the franchise, how does it feel to let othe composer take over the work on your 'child'?

NU: Actually I don't have the feeling that Final Fantasy is 'my' series in any way. I think you can say that the original Final Fantasy ended with part VI. From part VII on many young people where taken into the developer team and it wasn't possible anymore to tell who was the author of the game. Before, there was a stable team with consistent responsibility management. I don't regard anything that came after part VI as 'my work'.

G: That's a point where Final Fantasy is different from Dragon Quest - The Dragon Quest team is very stable since the first part.

NU: Exactly. The team for Final Fantasy changes constantly. I don't think there is such consistency with Final Fantasy.

G: Are your new projects like Blue Dragon a personal experience again?

NU: With my new projects at Smile Please I have the opportunity to fully concentrate on one game. During the work on the last Final Fantasy games I worked on different projects at the same time. That was very time consuming (as is this translation, thank god I'm done soon) and I couldn't accomplish my projects alone anymore. I worked all by msyelf on Blue Dragon in contrast. That helped a lot and was fun.

G: We can expect a gorgeous soundtrack then!

NU: (very enthusiastic) Definitely! No joking - since a long time I feel that I accomplished something really good again.

G: Now we're curious...

NU: Too bad, I could've brought samples actually... (GAH!) The music is already recorded and the game will be in stores towards the end of the year. The soundtrack will probably be availible in November. You can really expect a lot from the game. There are many Songs in the game too and all the lyrics where written by Mr Sakaguchi himself. Very beautiful material! I really had many freedoms with this game, the orchestration, the choirs and all these things.

G: Thanks a lot for the interview, it was a pleisure having a chat with you again.

NU: The pleisure is all mine!

---------------------
« Ultima modifica: 03 Mar 2012, 11:29 da Luv3Kar »

Offline Giacomo Z.

• Generale
Re: [XBOX360] Blue Dragon
« Risposta #1 il: 18 Set 2006, 22:02 »
Citazione da: "Reriel"
nuovi screen

questi dovrebbero essere nuovi :D

--> http://www.jeux-france.com/news17482_blue-dragon-plus-d-images.html

PS3: donisetti 360: Giacomo360  Jack Sparrow ha det

Offline Ifride

• Eroe
    • Il mio canale youtube - molto amatoriale - di sfogliamento artbook
[XBOX360] Blue Dragon
« Risposta #2 il: 19 Set 2006, 00:07 »
Scusate,ma qualcuno potrebbe tradurmi i punti piu' salienti?
Grazie
"La potenza è nulla senza gameplay"
Prince of Persia the Last Crown.

Offline Voodoo

• Stratega
[XBOX360] Blue Dragon
« Risposta #3 il: 19 Set 2006, 01:47 »
Se Blue Dragon uscira' davvero a fine anno come Sakaguchi e Uematsu dicono, mi aspetto una bella presentazione al prossimo TGS.

Comincio ad avere un po' di attese sui lavori di Mystwalker. Mi aspetto tanto da loro, dopo le ultime varie interviste in particolare.

O.T.: Chissa' qual'e' il fighting game di Square-Enix.

O.T.2: Smash brothers Brawl secondo me non e' un vero fighting game. Ha un'atmosfera tutta sua che, se pur non degna delle sue opere migliori, Uematsu ha carpito con il main theme che ha creato.
PSN: Voo_Doo  Live: I Voodoo I   Steam: voodoozz  Battle.net: Voody#2454

Offline Reriel

• Navigato
[XBOX360] Blue Dragon
« Risposta #4 il: 19 Set 2006, 13:47 »
Citazione da: "Ifride"
Scusate,ma qualcuno potrebbe tradurmi i punti piu' salienti?
Grazie

in breve:

- recentemente ha rifiutato un'offerta di square, non gli interessava il progetto (incentrato sul combattimento)

- è molto soddisfatto della ost di BD, in cui sakaguchi ha anche scritto i testi dei pezzi vocali

- sente come suoi i primi 6 final fantasy, poi sono entrati un gruppo di giovani (chissà chi...) e la serie ha preso un'altra strada

- preferiva quando square era piccola e poteva dare più spazio alle idee, mentre con una grande come square enix, il primo obbiettivo è generare profitto

- una volta si trovava a bere con sakurai e il compositore di smash bros, e quest'ultimo gli ha proposto di collaborare

- l'idea di ogni theme per personaggio in ff6 è di sakaguchi

- ha preferito il modo in cui ha lavorato a blue dragon (con ampia libertà) piuttosto che negli ultimi lavori per square ( in cui gli venivano affidati diversi progetti contemporaneamente e non poteva dedicarsi appieno ad uno)

Offline Evolution

• Avviato
[XBOX360] Blue Dragon
« Risposta #5 il: 28 Set 2006, 21:54 »
Dopo essere stato mostrato al TGS e a X06 mi e' un po scesa la scimmia dal groppone.

Comunque per conquistare i jappa e' l'ideale.

Trailer:http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_3112_en.html
url=http://www.userbars.com/][/url]

Offline Neophoeny

• Eroe
[XBOX360] Blue Dragon
« Risposta #6 il: 28 Set 2006, 22:53 »
Citazione da: "Evolution"
Dopo essere stato mostrato al TGS e a X06 mi e' un po scesa la scimmia dal groppone.

Vuol dire che ti piace di meno? Io lo trovo stupendo! Ma siamo sicuri che quella è grafica in game e non si tratta di full motion? Mi aspetto grandi cose da questo jrpg!

Offline Voodoo

• Stratega
[XBOX360] Blue Dragon
« Risposta #7 il: 29 Set 2006, 02:47 »
Citazione da: "Neophoeny"

Vuol dire che ti piace di meno? Io lo trovo stupendo! Ma siamo sicuri che quella è grafica in game e non si tratta di full motion? Mi aspetto grandi cose da questo jrpg!

Se guardi in giro su xboxyde o gametrailers dovrebbe esserci qualche filmato di gameplay. La grafica e' quella.

Offline Evolution

• Avviato
[XBOX360] Blue Dragon
« Risposta #8 il: 29 Set 2006, 05:54 »
Citazione da: "Voodoo"
Citazione da: "Neophoeny"

Se guardi in giro su xboxyde o gametrailers dovrebbe esserci qualche filmato di gameplay. La grafica e' quella.

Solo per i combattimenti a turni lo confesso. :wink:
url=http://www.userbars.com/][/url]

Offline Reriel

• Navigato
[XBOX360] Blue Dragon
« Risposta #9 il: 05 Ott 2006, 12:29 »
qualche screen da famitsu, si può vedere anche la mappa:

http://www.jeux-france.com/news17735_blue-dragon-plus-d-images.html

2 themes song annunciate: "Watashi no namida to sora" di Ayako Kawasumi e "Eternity" di Ian Gillan. Se l'ultimo è stato componente dei black sabbath, la seconda è jpop idol, ma soprattutto doppiatrice:

--Anime--

Ad Police: Kyoko Miyano
Ah! My Goddess The Movie: Morgan le Fay
Ai Yori Aoshi: Aoi Sakuraba
Angel Sanctuary: Sara Mudo
Angel Tales: Turtle Ayumi
Angelic Layer: Kaede Saito
Azumanga Web Daioh: Ayumu Kasuga (Osaka)
Banner of the Stars: Lamhirh
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan: Shizuki Minakami
Candidate for Goddess: Kazuhi Hikura
Ceres, Celestial Legend: Chidori Kuruma
Chivas 1-2-3: Taru-Ho
Comic Party: Akari (cameo)
Crest of the Stars: Lamhirh
E's Otherwise: Ruri
Fate/stay night (TV): Saber
Fushigiboshi no Futagohime: Elsa
Gallery Fake: Sara Harifa
Gate Keepers: Ruriko Ikusawa
Gene Shaft: Dolce Saito
Genshiken: Kanako Ohno
Ginban Kaleidoscope: Tazusa Sakurano
Girls Bravo: Miharu Sena Kanaka
Gokujo Seitokai: Sayuri Hida
Great Dangaioh: Manami Mishio
Great Teacher Onizuka: Nomura Tomoko & Naoko Izumi
.hack//Legend of the Twilight: Hotaru
He Is My Master (Kore ga Watashi no Goshujin-sama): Takami Sugita
Initial D: Natsuki Mogi (Natalie Mogi)
Ichigo Mashimaro: Matsuri Sakuragi
Kai Toh Ran Ma: The Animation: Mayura
Kannazuki no Miko: Chikane Himemiya
Kanon: Kaori Misaka
King of Braves GaoGaiGar: Papillon Noir
Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai: Hikari
Kujibiki Unbalance: Kasumi Kisaragi
KURAU Phantom Memory: Kurau Amami
Kyo Kara Maoh!: Ondine
Legend of Black Heaven: Rinko
Mahoromatic: Mahoro
Nakoruru ~Ano Hito kara no Okurimono~: Manari
NieA under 7: Mayuko Chigasaki
Ninin Ga Shinobuden: Kaede
Outlaw Star: Melfina (Her Debut as Seiy?)
Onegai Teacher (Please Teacher): Koishi Herikawa
Onegai Twins (Please Twins): Koishi Herikawa
Petopeto-san: Kanna Maeda
Piano: Nomura Miu
Popotan: Unagi
Princess Nine: Azuma Yuki
Puchi Puri Yuushi: Erumina
RahXephon: Megumi Shito
RAVE (Rave Master): Elie
Samurai Champloo: Fuu
Scrapped Princess: Winia Chester
Seraphim Call: Kurumi Matsumoto
Serial Experiments Lain: Mika Iwakura
Shakugan no Shana: Kazumi Yoshida
Sin: The Movie: Elise Stewart
Sister Princess: Chikage
Starlight Scramble Ren'ai Kohosei: Megumi
Starship Operators: Rio Mamiya
ToHeart: Akari Kamigishi
Tokyo Mew Mew: Jacqueline
The Legend of Black Heaven': Rinko
The Snow Queen: Gerda
Trinity Blood: Catherina (Young)
Tristia of the Deep Blue Sea': Nanoca Flanka
Usagi-chan de Cue!: Miku
Yume Tsukai: Mishima Touko
Zoids: New Century Zero: Rinon (Leena) Toros

--Games--

Dead or Alive 4: Kokoro
Fatal Frame 2: Mayu Amakura
Gatekeepers 1970: Ruriko Ikusawa
King of Fighters: Hinako Shijou
Namco x Capcom: Sabinu and Wonder Momo
Oni: Shinatama
Popotan: Unagi
Sister Princess: Chikage
ToHeart: Akari Kamigishi
Tristia of the Deep Blue Sea: Nanoca Flanka
Valkyrie Profile series: Silmeria

Offline rule_z

• Condottiero
    • Retro Engine HD
[XBOX360] Blue Dragon
« Risposta #10 il: 05 Ott 2006, 12:52 »
2 themes song annunciate: "Watashi no namida to sora" di Ayako Kawasumi e "Eternity" di Ian Gillan. Se l'ultimo è stato componente dei black sabbath, la seconda è jpop idol, ma soprattutto doppiatrice[cut]

OT: Ian Gillan penso che sia più famoso per essere stato la voce dei Deep Purple (ovvio non l'unica, ma da me la più apprezzata)  :wink:

Offline Reriel

• Navigato
[XBOX360] Blue Dragon
« Risposta #11 il: 05 Ott 2006, 13:04 »
Citazione da: "rule_z"
2 themes song annunciate: "Watashi no namida to sora" di Ayako Kawasumi e "Eternity" di Ian Gillan. Se l'ultimo è stato componente dei black sabbath, la seconda è jpop idol, ma soprattutto doppiatrice[cut]

OT: Ian Gillian penso che sia più famoso per essere stato la voce dei Deep Purple (ovvio non l'unica, ma da me la più apprezzata)  :wink:
dici? sinceramente sono abbastanza ignorante in materia ^^;;

Offline rule_z

• Condottiero
    • Retro Engine HD
[XBOX360] Blue Dragon
« Risposta #12 il: 05 Ott 2006, 13:21 »
dici? sinceramente sono abbastanza ignorante in materia ^^;;

Dico dico, se ti interessa dai un occhio qua

Offline Voodoo

• Stratega
[XBOX360] Blue Dragon
« Risposta #13 il: 05 Ott 2006, 14:13 »
Uematsu sempre piu Rock  :D

Offline Neophoeny

• Eroe
[XBOX360] Blue Dragon
« Risposta #14 il: 05 Ott 2006, 15:15 »
Mamma mia...queste immagini mi fanno rabbrividire (di gioia naturalmente). Questo gioco sembra stupendo! Sono contento che mio fratello abbia comprato un Xbox360!