Autore Topic: [360] Lost Odyssey  (Letto 90596 volte)

Offline Tayo

• Avviato
[360] Lost Odyssey
« Risposta #30 il: 14 Set 2006, 21:02 »
non vedo l'ora :shock:

Offline Reriel

• Navigato
[360] Lost Odyssey
« Risposta #31 il: 16 Set 2006, 01:06 »
c'è già chi ha avuto modo di provare le demo di blue dragon e lost odyssey:

Blue Dragon is good. Graphics are simplistic and clean, but it suits Toriyama's style perfectly and the quality of the models combined with the post-effects happening onscreen really make this game look almost CG in real-time. Gameplay-wise, there are some pretty major twists and I certainly don't want to give anything away, but if you love Dragon's Quest style JRPGs, this is going to be a real beast. The game also feels very lengthy. That's all I can say without getting Tenchu'ed.

So I checked out the first 15 action-packed minutes of the nearly hour long Lost Odyssey TGS demo yesterday and I was completely blindsided by how f'ing awesome this game looks and feels (in the emotion stirring sense).

I don't know if this game is going to "steal TGS" or sell a million Xbox 360s in Japan, but goddamn it is an impressive piece of work that will turn a lot of heads. Takehiko Inoue's art direction has taken on a maturity that goes even beyond his work in Vagabond, and seeing it in motion in both the CG and real-time graphics makes me think that his future isn't in manga but rather in 3D and games.

But what really got to me beyond the FF-style combat vs. like 1000 enemies and seamless integration of real-time and CG graphics is the way Lost Odyssey conveys a sense a mystery around its main character (who apparently is immortal). I walked away from the demo immediately wanting to know more about the game's scenario -- hero, villains, f'ed up world, everything.

I haven't played a J-RPG and haven't wanted to play one since... shit, I can't even remember, and now I suddenly can't wait for Mistwalker to finish the damn game. :P

Normal mapping yes.

Depth of field yes.

Next-gen graphics - check.

I'd expect to see video of the first 15 mins on youtube next week.

I could watch it all day long. But then again, I am an Inoue nerd.

How does Blue Dragon look in comparison to LO Che? Also, how close do the in-game graphics in LO get to the CG?

Totally different styles, both games look very next-gen.

In-game graphics in LO look shockingly close to CG. when the movie transitioned into gameplay, the seamlessness with which it happened literally shot chills down my spine. I was like, WTF....

Bah, those scans don't show any of the cool bits I'm referring to (in fact, some of those encounters look like creatures I haven't even seen yet).

Anyway, you guys are in for a treat, to be sure.

Offline Reriel

• Navigato
[360] Lost Odyssey
« Risposta #32 il: 16 Set 2006, 01:07 »
peccato che in jappone non se lo filerà nessuno é__è

"You have to be in Japan to truly understand how dead in the water the 360 truly is. I brought my Famitsu to work today to show some of my students Lost Odyssey.

Here's how it went:

Student: Wow, this looks really beautiful. The interface is very much like FF.
Me: Yea. The creator of FF is working on it!
Student: Wow! This looks promising.
Me: It's on Xbox 360!
Student: It is? That's too bad. I guess I won't play it then."

Offline Voodoo

• Stratega
[360] Lost Odyssey
« Risposta #33 il: 16 Set 2006, 01:58 »
Citazione da: "Reriel"

Student: Wow, this looks really beautiful. The interface is very much like FF.
Me: Yea. The creator of FF is working on it!
Student: Wow! This looks promising.
Me: It's on Xbox 360!
Student: It is? That's too bad. I guess I won't play it then."

Beh si'... credo andra' proprio cosi'... peggio per loro!  :lol:
PSN: Voo_Doo  Live: I Voodoo I   Steam: voodoozz  Battle.net: Voody#2454

Online atchoo

• Reduce
  • Pupo
[360] Lost Odyssey
« Risposta #34 il: 16 Set 2006, 11:04 »
Che assurdità, però. Due jrpg che venderanno più da noi che in Giappone... :?

I giapponesi non vogliono sentirne parlare di console Microsoft, pace. Che si comprino un arcobaleno di Ds Lite! :)

Offline Reriel

• Navigato
[360] Lost Odyssey
« Risposta #35 il: 18 Set 2006, 22:03 »
famitsu descrive la demo:

The demo begins with the epic battle scene seen in the previous trailers. The battlefield is flooded by soldiers and machines, with Kaim fighting them off alone. The game seamlessly goes from the opening movie into a battle scene with menu commands appearing. Aside from normal attacks, Kaim will also be able to use magic. After defeating the soldiers on the mountain, Kaim faces off against a huge mechanical tank. This serve as a sort of mid-boss battle.

When Kaim defeats the tank, a cutscene shows the entire army being wiped out by a huge meteor. Kaim is horrified that someone would use such devestating magic, but he survives because he is immortal. The next half of the demo involves Kaim making his way to the industrial city of Ura. Once there Kaim is able to explore the city and talk to NPCs. When you eventually enter the train in the city to progress, a cutscene plays and the demo ends, showing a text message written by Shigematsu.

The demo is expected to take players about 40 mins to an hour to complete and Sakaguchi doesn't expect anyone at TGS to actually be able to experience all of it from the booth. The screenshot featuring Kaim's party facing monsters in a battle is from the final game, and not part of the demo.

Offline luca

• Condottiero
[360] Lost Odyssey
« Risposta #36 il: 19 Set 2006, 13:23 »
Citazione da: "Solidino"
non toccherà un final fantasy dal 1987......

mette solo firme secondo me....

nah. Nojima, sceneggiatore di FF7-8-x-x/2 e 13, disse che a suo tempo era disperato con FF7 perchè sakaguchi gli chiedeva di incorporare nella trama il concetto della lifestream solo le indicazioni erano molto vaghe e non capiva come riuscire...
per dire...

cmq basterebbe che facessero una pubblicità a mw del tipo:
dal creatore di FINAL FANTASY

e tutto andrebbe a posto
Most wanted: FF16 The Rising Tide, Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree; Trails through Daybreak; Metaphor: RE.
Sto giocando FF14

Offline Ifride

• Eroe
    • Il mio canale youtube - molto amatoriale - di sfogliamento artbook
[360] Lost Odyssey
« Risposta #37 il: 19 Set 2006, 16:48 »
"La potenza è nulla senza gameplay"
Prince of Persia the Last Crown.

Offline Solidino

• Eroe
[360] Lost Odyssey
« Risposta #38 il: 19 Set 2006, 16:56 »
se quello è il protagonista andiamo proprio male.....

peggio che con Kratos.... :lol:

per altro al 28 esimo secondo c'è un imperfezione clamorosa, le 2 spade si fondono amorevolmente i poligoni reciproci..... :oops:

Offline -Elta-

• Navigato
[360] Lost Odyssey
« Risposta #39 il: 19 Set 2006, 17:20 »

per altro al 28 esimo secondo c'è un imperfezione clamorosa, le 2 spade si fondono amorevolmente i poligoni reciproci..... :oops:

manno dai
è una rientranza vicino l'elsa dell'avversario
si vede giusto un secondo prima

Offline Reriel

• Navigato
[360] Lost Odyssey
« Risposta #40 il: 19 Set 2006, 17:38 »
se quello è il protagonista andiamo proprio male.....

peggio che con Kratos.... :lol:

il solito lamer -__-
almeno potevi arrivare a riconoscere che si tratta di un fmv (pure vecchio e incompleto rilasciato ad aprile) :P

Offline Ifride

• Eroe
    • Il mio canale youtube - molto amatoriale - di sfogliamento artbook
[360] Lost Odyssey
« Risposta #41 il: 20 Set 2006, 12:45 »
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_3032_en.html  trailer della conferenza microsoft....
"La potenza è nulla senza gameplay"
Prince of Persia the Last Crown.

Offline Alle

• Condottiero
  • Tigella man
[360] Lost Odyssey
« Risposta #42 il: 20 Set 2006, 13:04 »
Citazione da: "atchoo"
Che assurdità, però. Due jrpg che venderanno più da noi che in Giappone... :?

I giapponesi non vogliono sentirne parlare di console Microsoft, pace. Che si comprino un arcobaleno di Ds Lite! :)

mmmmh, DS lite arcobaleno... potrebbe essere un best seller :D

a parte questo, i jappi da un certo punto di vista li capisco.
Nel senso: la PS3 garantisce loro dei titoli che loro amano. Il 360 per ora ha un paio di titoli che potrebbero valere.
Potrebbe essere un fuoco di paglia.

Certo che a pensare quanto sia aconomico un 360 in giappone...
In tigella veritas

Offline Voodoo

• Stratega
[360] Lost Odyssey
« Risposta #43 il: 20 Set 2006, 13:06 »
Citazione da: "Ifride"
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_3032_en.html  trailer della conferenza microsoft....

Ahhh che palle scarica lento  :cry:

Devo andare all'uni!
PSN: Voo_Doo  Live: I Voodoo I   Steam: voodoozz  Battle.net: Voody#2454

Offline fulgenzio

• Reduce
    • Players
[360] Lost Odyssey
« Risposta #44 il: 20 Set 2006, 13:19 »
Eccezionale.Punto.Adesso vediamo quanto è stronza Microsoft e quanto tempo impiega a portarlo in Europa.
ANCHE UN TANUKI PUO’ SORPRENDERE UNA TIGRE CHE DORME.